I WANT TO…
WHAT IS JUVEDERM VOLBELLA®?
Juvederm Volbella® is an injectable filler based on hyaluronic acid (HA) that provides a desirable improvement in the lip contour, boosting volume, smoothing vertical creases (smoker’s lines), and achieving symmetry – all in a single comfortable treatment.
Juvederm Volbella® lip injections are recommended for smoother, softer consistency that mimics the natural feel of your lips for a longer time.
Juvederm Volbella® is specially designed using Vycross technology to gently restore fullness and shape to your lips. Whether your lips were naturally thin or full, Juvederm Volbella® can be used to enhance lip shape or restore lost fullness. It’s also the only facial filler clinically proven to last up to 12 months in the lips with a single treatment. With the addition of pain-reducing lidocaine, you will enjoy greater comfort during the treatment.
Juvederm Volbella is a revolutionary lip filler from Allergan, the makers of Botox. This hyaluronic acid-based filler is less hydrophilic than other dermal and lip fillers, which means that it absorbs less water and reduces the amount of swelling you will experience after your Volbella treatment.
For this reason, Volbella has far less downtime than other lip fillers available today. What’s more, Volbella is specifically formulated to be smooth, soft and long-lasting, and it has greater lift capacity than other lip fillers, enhancing its potential to smooth the contours of your lips and add definition to your smile.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
What Juvederm Volbella® lip injections can do for you?
- Diminish vertical lip lines (a.k.a. smoker’s lines)
- Accentuate the border of your lips
- Plump up your lips to make them fuller
- Enhance the cupid’s bow (the “M” part of your mid-upper lip)
Juvederm Volbella® with lidocaine is a new dermal filler treatment for the lips and Peri-oral area. Designed not only for gentle restoration of natural looking lip volume, it can also be used for defining lip contours, treating oral commissures, smoothing fine ‘barcode’ lines around the lips and supporting the ‘marionette’ lines down the chin.
How do Juvederm Volbella® lip injections work?
Developed using Allergan’s proprietary Vycross technology, Juvederm Volbella® with lidocaine is formulated with an innovative combination of low and high molecular weight technology, which improves the cross-linking efficiency of HA chains. This more effective cross-linking allows for a lower concentration of HA to be used, which results in less swelling. The Vycross technology delivers an ultra-smooth gel, which results in a natural look and feel, as well as improved duration.
This unique technology allows the product to absorb less water, resulting in considerably reduced swelling compared to more traditional fillers. Not only is there less downtime, the treatment itself is made as pain free as possible by the built-in lidocaine anaesthetic. Results are commonly seen to last up to twelve months.
What are the typical areas that are treated?
As smoker’s lines are difficult to treat, especially if they have been neglected, a Juvederm Volbella® treatment can be combined with some laser procedures that stimulate collagen and improve the final rejuvenation of the mouth area.
What to expect after a Juvederm Volbella® treatment?
There is virtually no swelling or bruising, so normal daily activities can be resumed immediately after the treatment. You will be provided with an ice pack to take home, which lessens the redness and swelling.
Are there any reasons why I should not receive Juvederm Volbella® XC injectable gel?
Do not use these products if you have a history of multiple severe allergies or severe allergic reactions (anaphylaxis), or if you are allergic to lidocaine or Gram-positive bacterial proteins used in these products.
What precautions should my doctor advise me about?
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or breastfeeding. The safety of Juvederm Volbella® XC for use during pregnancy or while breastfeeding has not been studied
- The safety of Juvederm Volbella® XC in patients under 22 years has not been studied
- The safety and effectiveness of Juvederm Volbella® XC in areas other than the lips and perioral area have not been established in controlled clinical studies
- Tell your doctor if you have a history of excessive scarring (e.g., hypertrophic scarring and keloid formation) or pigmentation disorders, as use of Juvederm Volbella® XC may result in additional scars or changes in pigmentation
- Tell your doctor if you are planning other laser treatments or a chemical peel, as there is a possible risk of inflammation at the treatment site if these procedures are performed after treatment
- Tell your doctor if you are on immunosuppressive therapy used to decrease the body’s immune response, as use of Juvederm Volbella® XC may result in an increased risk of infection
- Tell your doctor if you are using medications that can prolong bleeding, such as aspirin, ibuprofen, or other blood thinners, as this may result in increased bruising or bleeding at the injection site
- Minimize strenuous exercise, exposure to extensive sun or heat, and alcoholic beverages within the first 24 hours following treatment
What are possible side effects?
The most common side effects include swelling, tenderness, bruising, firmness, lumps/bumps, redness, pain, discoloration, and itching. Most side effects are mild or moderate and last 30 days or less.
As with all skin injection procedures, there is a risk of infection.
How do I know I can trust Juvederm Volbella® with Lidocaine to improve my smile?
A recent study showed that 98% of those who had lip-filler treatment with Juvederm Volbella® reported that their lip appearance goals have been achieved! It has been specially formulated with Vycross™ technology to deliver a natural look and feel in the skin and help avoid your lips looking unnatural.
What should I expect before treatment?
Your physician will have an in-depth consultation with you to understand your needs and what facial features you would like to enhance. They will explain all the options to make sure that your Juvederm® treatment totally satisfies your expectations.
What should I do after treatment?
Your physician will advise you on your aftercare. You may be advised to stop wearing makeup for up to 12 hours. You may also be told to avoid the sun, as well as saunas and steam rooms, for 2 weeks. Some people experience a little temporary tenderness, swelling or bruising around the injection sites. It is also recommended that you avoid additional treatments in the treated area for the next 7 days.
Will the procedure hurt?
The smooth consistency of the products in the Juvederm Ultra® and Vycross™ ranges allow your medical physician to administer them easily and smoothly. They also contain 0.3% Lidocaine to reduce injection pain for a more comfortable experience.
Will there be swelling?
Following a filler injection, you may experience slight redness, swelling, or bruising at the injected area. These effects should not last for more than a week. Remember, 12 hours after your procedure you can cover up any skin discoloration with makeup.
SIGN UP FOR OUR NEWSLETTER FOR SPECIALS, EVENTS, AND MORE
YOU ALSO GET A CHANCE TO WIN $1000 IN BOTOX