I WANT TO…
The Restylane family of products includes Restylane®, Restylane-L®, Restylane® Lyft with Lidocaine, Restylane® Silk, Restylane® Refyne, and Restylane® Defyne.
Restylane® Defyne is for mid-to-deep injection into the facial tissue for the correction of moderate to severe facial wrinkles and folds, such as nasolabial folds, in patients over the age of 21.
Restylane Refyne and Restyane Defyne are advanced HA (Hylarounic Acid) gel fillers that are approved for use in moderate to severe facial wrinkles. These next generations of dermal filler are designed using a unique manufacturing process called XpresHAn technology. XpresHAn Technology used in the HA gel of Refyne and Defyne customizes the cross-linking of the HA in the products. This allows for the creation of different gel textures to adapt to each skin texture needs, providing flexibility and support for a variety of lines, folds and areas of volume loss. Studies show that Refyne and Defyne are proven to last up to 12 months.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Are there any reasons why I should not use products within the Restylane® family? (Contraindications)
To ensure a safe procedure, your doctor will talk to you about your medical history to determine if you are an appropriate candidate for treatment. You should not use products within the Restylane family if:
- You have severe allergies with a history of severe reactions (anaphylaxis)
- You are allergic to lidocaine or to any of the gram-positive bacterial proteins used to make hyaluronic acid
- You are prone to bleeding or have been diagnosed with a bleeding disorder
- Tell your doctor if you are breastfeeding, pregnant, or trying to become pregnant. The safety of these products for use during pregnancy, or in women who are breastfeeding, has not been studied
- Restylane, Restylane-L, Restylane® Lyft with Lidocaine, Restylane Refyne and Restylane Defyne are intended to treat facial wrinkles and folds, such as nasolabial folds. Restylane and Restylane-L are also intended for lip enhancement. Treatments in other areas of the face have not been evaluated in clinical studies.
- The safety and effectiveness of Restylane® Silk for areas other than the lips and perioral area have not been evaluated in clinical studies
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of scarring, particularly thick and stiff scars, or any pigmentation (skin color) disorders. These side effects can occur with hyaluronic acid fillers in general.
- Tell your doctor if you are planning other laser treatments or a chemical peel, as there is a possible risk of inflammation at the treatment site if these procedures are performed after treatment
- Patients who experience skin injury near the site of injection with these products may be at a higher risk for side effects
- Tell your doctor if you are on any medications to decrease your body’s immune response (immunosuppressive therapy). Using these medications may increase your risk of bruising or bleeding at the gel injection site.
- Tell your doctor if you are using any “blood thinners” such as aspirin, warfarin, or any other medications that affect bleeding. Using these medications may increase your risk of bruising or bleeding at the gel injection site.
- The use of these products on gel injection sites with skin sores, pimples, rashes, hives, cysts, or infections should be postponed until healing is complete. Use of product in these areas could delay healing or make your skin problems worse.
What are the possible side effects?
After your treatment, you may experience side effects, such as swelling, redness, pain, bruising, headache and itching at injection site and tenderness. These are typically mild in severity and normally last less than 7 days in nasolabial folds and less than 14–18 days in lips. Patients should be limited to 6.0 mL per treatment of moderate to severe facial wrinkles and folds. Swelling may be more likely in patients under 36 years, and bruising may be more likely in patients over 35 years.
What are dermal fillers? What is hyaluronic acid?
Dermal fillers are facial injection treatments used to help diminish wrinkles while restoring volume and fullness in the face. There are several types of dermal fillers, one being hyaluronic acid. All Restylane products are transparent hyaluronic acids, which are sugars naturally found in the skin that help provide hydration, fullness and elasticity.
SIGN UP FOR OUR NEWSLETTER FOR SPECIALS, EVENTS, AND MORE
YOU ALSO GET A CHANCE TO WIN $1000 IN BOTOX