Want brows like Cara Delevingne’s? Microblading is one of the easiest ways to get the brows of your dreams. This procedure will transform your face and cut your morning routine in half! Microblading is a semi-permanent tattoo drawn onto the brow area using a hand tool with an ultra-fine needles. Using the tool, our providers fill out, define, and darken your natural brows by etching hair-like strokes on the skin beneath your brow hairs.
Microblading is not the same as your traditional brow tattoo. This procedure uses a hand tool with very fine needles, and the artist draws each hair like stroke. Having your brows tattooed involves the use of a tattoo machine that causes much greater injury to the skin, as well as being far more permanent. Microblading also does not use traditional tattoo ink. We use a different kind of pigment that is specifically designed to fade into a lighter version of itself rather than change hue. We’ve seen brow tattoos typically turn blue or brown over time.
You can be a candidate for getting your eyebrows microbladed whether you have full brows or no brows. We can also perform this procedure for clients who have alopecia. It’s a fantastic way to give someone with no hair left on their brows a nice, realistic look!
What to Expect During Your Procedure
The Microblading procedure is fairly short, taking around 2 hours for total treatment. During the first 30 minutes of the appointment, you will be numbed with the strongest topical numbing cream available. During this time, you and the Brow Artist will select your brow color together.
The Artist will then shape, sketch on, and style your brows. You may not know what shape to opt for, but we will discuss your preferences then draw in a shape for your new brows and work together to perfect them. Our Juvly Brow Artists know each brow is different for every client, and we can make them as bushy or as thin as you would like. Once you are satisfied with your choices, we begin Microblading!
Does Microblading Hurt?
Microblading causes minimal discomfort and requires little to no downtime. On a scale of 1-10, most clients say their discomfort level is a 4-5, and some even say they experienced no pain at all! Most clients resume their regular routine immediately after their procedure.
Although the procedure causes minimal swelling and redness, we still require that clients heal for a minimum of 4 weeks before the Microblading “Perfection Session”. This touch-up session takes place between 4 and 6 weeks after your original procedure. This session gives us a chance to check on your brows to ensure they look perfect and retain their color.
During the initial procedure, it’s possible that certain areas may not pick up the pigment and will need to be refilled. The session allows us to adjust the pigment color as needed, as well as refine brow thickness. We will perfect your brows and ensure you love them!
After your perfection session, you can ditch the brow pencil and stop worrying about drawing on your brows every day. Most Microblading tattoos last up to 3 years, with regular touch-ups about once a year.
Results can vary slightly depending on your skin type; for instance, clients with oily skin types do not retain the pigment as well as those with drier skin types. Touch-ups will be necessary as time goes on to maintain the shape and color. Most people need a touch-up about a year after their perfection session.
This procedure is an amazing way to completely transform your face and ditch the brow routine. Get started with Microblading and stop worrying about makeup. Click the button below to book your appointment now and make your beauty goals a reality!
Before Your Microblading Treatment
If you’re pregnant, breastfeeding, have any active cold sores or shingles, have a history of keloid scarring, etc. you cannot be treated. Please schedule a free consult with one of our Brow Artists if you are not sure if you are a candidate or not or if you want to discuss your brows prior.
Please wait 2 weeks after your Botox treatment to get Microblading. Prior to your Microblading appointment it is best to avoid vigorous exercise, caffeine, blood thinning medications and alcohol for 48-72 hours prior to your treatment. Please do not plan any Chemical Peels or laser treatments 4 weeks before or after procedure unless you are able to avoid the brow and forehead area.
This treatment is also perfect to pair with the Lash & Brow Tint!
- DO NOT get eyebrows wet for 10-14 days after your procedure. This is the most important step of your healing process, so be sure to follow the rules to ensure your brows heal properly. Same aftercare goes for your perfection session.
- DO NOT use any products or cleansers that are exfoliating or moisturizing around the brow area for 10 days.
- NO strenuous activity for 10 days after your procedure.
- NO sun exposure for at least 10 days. If you will be out in the sun make sure to cover your brows or keep them out of direct sunlight.
- Washing the face is okay, just be careful to not rub or scratch around the treated area and make sure to not get your brows wet!
- Try not to shower for the first 10 days, instead take a bath or use a hand held shower head to wash your hair to ensure that the brows are not getting wet.
- This is an open wound, treat it like one!
- It is normal for there to be some small scabbing, flaking and dryness on the brows. No picking or scratching!
- Let the pigment fall of naturally as your brows heal.
- Contact a physician if the cardinal signs of infection develop such as: fever, increased redness, swelling, tenderness, or green/yellow foul smelling discharge from the site.
- Your brows are not completely finished until the perfection session has been completed.
- We recommend a yearly touch-up to maintain your beautiful new brows.
Make sure to schedule your second session, The Perfection Session, 6-8 weeks after your first microblading session. This is a required session and is included with your initial payment. Book that at www.juvly.com or www.contourclinic.com. Click on Book and Select Microblading Perfection Session. It’s a 1hr appointment.