PRP Therapy is a healthy, preventative, and proactive therapy that utilizes your own platelet rich plasma. PRP is used for many medical and aesthetic treatments, and is an ideal way to combat hair loss. More than 50% of men and women experience thinning hair or a form of baldness by age 50, with signs beginning as early as our 20’s.
PRP Therapy is a natural therapy used to stimulate and regenerate healthy new hair growth as well as prevent further hair loss. PRP stimulates undersized or underactive hair follicles and encourages the production of thicker, stronger, and longer strands of hair
What to expect with PRP Treatment for Hair Loss
This in-office treatment can be done on your lunch hour, with little to no disruption of your busy lifestyle. Treatment involves a quick blood draw from your arm, and the process of separating the plasma from the red blood cells in a machine called a centrifuge. Once separated, the plasma (PRP) is injected strategically into the scalp where needed (or desired). This is reported as a primarily painless procedure from clients.
What you can expect after PRP Therapy
- New hair growth
- Thickness of existing hair
- Stronger hair follicles
Hair loss conditions that can be treated with PRP Therapy
- Alopecia (male and female pattern baldness): Alopecia is a hereditary and androgen-dependent progressive thinning of the scalp hair in a defined pattern. It is a common disorder, affecting women as well as men.
- Alopecia areata: Spotty areas of baldness or thinning hair, typically the size of a coin.
- Hypotrichosis: Hypotrichosis is fine or reduced hairs of the eyebrows or beard as we age.
- Trichotillomania: Compulsive hair pulling, resulting in thinning or loss of hair on scalp or eyebrows. PRP may strengthen and stimulate the growth of new hair, but will not cure compulsive pulling.
- After the treatment, your scalp will be slightly pink with a sunburn appearance. Your scalp may be slightly tender and there may be bruising to the scalp for several days.
- Do not wash hair for 24 hours after a PRP for Hair Loss treatment
- No swimming for 48 hours post PRP treatment
- Do not exercise for 48 hours post treatment
- No dry shampoo, gel, sprays or any products to hair for 24 hours post treatment